It hasn’t been the best start to 2009 for me, I can only hope that things will improve and they no doubt will after the 7th February. Anyway, enough about depressing topics on to something more… random, I’ve stolen this off a fellow blogger as it looked like fun. I intend to do more stuff with this blog over the coming months, definitely get a few more reviews up (once I finish ‘Mass Effect’ there will be a huge gushing review), some news comments and maybe even some technology.
A) first list 10 honest things about yourself – and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
1) When someone is talking about a topic I have absolutely no connection with I tend to go to my happy place which consists of frolicking mammoths, purple sharks and ruled by giant guinea pigs. There are two tunes that accompany this, either the Baby Elephant Walk or the gallery music from ‘Vision On’.
2) I wish I was good at physics, it’s such an interesting area of study with so many different angles to explore… unfortunately, it’s not one of my strong sciences and I get lost very quickly when things get much more complicated than what they teach you at GCSE level (incidentally, I got a ‘B’ in GCSE Physics)
3) I rarely finish stories, I’ve got some (what I think) are great ideas and I get it all planned out but when I sit down to actually write it everything dries up and I can’t get going. I call it ‘creative constipation’, it’s all there waiting to come out I just need a mental laxative… but I’m too protective of the idea to discuss it with anyone because I’m scared they’ll think it’s awesome and write a similar story that turns out a million times better than mine.
4) I don’t understand why people feel the need to break down films to the minute detail; I just want to sit back and get lost in a film, I enjoy discussing the film I’ve just seen and talking about elements of it but I don’t want to break it down into camera shot by camera shot and what the directors intention was in doing a long tracking shot to the keyhole…
5) I often wish Sherlock Holmes had been real just so people would stop looking at me in that way whenever I talk about the character.
6) The Peanuts comics have been a great influence on my life.
7) I want to start reading and enjoying graphic novels, so far I’ve read ‘From Hell’ and ‘Watchmen’. I want to read more stuff but I haven’t the slightest idea where to start.
8) I love clocks but the concept of time tends to depress me.
9) When I was little I wanted to grow up to be a hedgehog.
10) Finding 10 interesting and honest things about yourself that you’d be willing to share with the Internet is fairly challenging leading to me think that I’m not always inclined to be honest with myself or interesting.